On 3/31/23 03:04, shiy.f...@fujitsu.com wrote:
> I noticed that a similar problem has been discussed in this thread, see [1]
> [2]
> [3] [4].

Ah, thank you. I didn't go far back enough in the thread...

> It seems complicated to fix it if we want to automatically skip tables
> that have been synchronized previously by code

I agree, this is looking very complex. I need to read through the
examples you sent more closely.

> and this may overkill in some
> cases (e.g. The target table in subscriber is not a partitioned table, and the
> user want to synchronize all data in the partitioned table from the
> publisher).

Hm. It seems like the setup process doesn't really capture the user's
intent. There are just so many things that they could be theoretically
trying to do.

> Besides, it seems not a common case. So I'm not sure we should fix it. Maybe
> we
> can just add some documentation for it as Peter mentioned.

I think we should absolutely document the pitfalls here. (I'm still
trying to figure out what they are, though, so I don't have any concrete
suggestions yet...)

Thanks!
--Jacob