> On 15 May 2023, at 12:33, Alvaro Herrera <alvhe...@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
>
> On 2023-May-14, Tom Lane wrote:
>
>> Steve Chavez <st...@supabase.io> writes:
>>> In this case I just propose adding 'tags'. I believe it's reasonable to
>>> ignore these as they're produced by make_ctags.
>>
>> Our policy on this is that the project's .gitignore files should ignore
>> files that are produced by our standard build scripts.
>
> But make_ctags is *our* script, so I think this rule applies to them as
> well.

It is our script, but "tags" is not an artifact created by the build scripts
since make_{c|e}tags isn't part of the build so I'm not convinced we should
bother.  If we do I'm sure there are many other scripts in src/tools which
generate files we don't track (like make_mkid, which admittedly probably hasn't
been executed by anyone in a decade or so).

--
Daniel Gustafsson