Hi,

On 7/3/23 9:11 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
On Mon, Jul 03, 2023 at 03:57:42PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:

Thanks for looking at it and having fixed the issues that were present in
v10.

I think that we should add some options to the perl script to be more
selective with the files generated.  How about having two options
called --docs and --code to select one or the other, then limit what
gets generated in each path?  I guess that it would be cleaner if we
error in the case where both options are defined, and just use some
gotos to redirect to each foreach loop to limit extra indentations in
the script.  This would avoid the need to remove the C and H files
from the docs, additionally, which is what the Makefile in doc/ does.

I have fixed all the issues I've found in v11 attached, except for the
last one (I have added the OUTDIR trick for reference, but that's
incorrect and incomplete).  Could you look at this part?

Ah.  It took me a few extra minutes, but I think that we should set
"capture" to "false", no?  It looks like meson is getting confused,
expecting something in stdout but the new script generates a few
files, and does not output anything.  That's different from the other
doc-related perl scripts.
--

Yeah, with "capture" set to "false" then ninja alldocs does not error out
and wait_event_types.sgml gets generated.

I'll look at the extra options --code and --docs.

Bertrand Drouvot
PostgreSQL Contributors Team
RDS Open Source Databases