Hello, Tom,

On 08.07.2023 18:11, Tom Lane wrote:
What we ought to be doing is resetting these two flags
after the disable_all_timeouts call.

Oops, I missed that.

Having done that, it wouldn't really be necessary to mark these
as volatile.  I kept that marking anyway for consistency with
send_ready_for_query, but perhaps we shouldn't?

I don't know. Maybe marking them volatile is more future proof. Not sure.

I also moved firstchar's declaration inside the loop where it's used, to
make it clear that this variable needn't be volatile and is not
preserved after longjmp().

Good idea, but then why not the same for input_message?  It's fully
reinitialized each time through the loop, too.

Yeah, that's better.

In short, something like the attached, except I'm not totally sold
on changing the volatility of the timeout flags.

Looks good to me.

Thank you.

--
Sergey Shinderuk                https://postgrespro.com/