On 3/25/23 12:49, Jim Jones wrote:
Hi,

This small patch proposes the implementation of the standard SQL/XML function XMLText (X038). It basically converts a text parameter into an xml text node. It uses the libxml2 function xmlEncodeSpecialChars[1] to escape possible predefined entities.

This patch also contains documentation and regression tests.

Any thoughts?

I am replying to this email, but my comments are based on the v2 patch.

Thank you for working on this, and I think this is a valuable addition. However, I have two issues with it.

1) There seems to be several spurious blank lines added that I do not think are warranted.

2) This patch does nothing to address the <XML returning clause> so we can't claim to implement X038 without a disclaimer. Upon further review, the same is true of XMLCOMMENT() so maybe that is okay for this patch, and a more comprehensive patch for our xml features is necessary.
--
Vik Fearing