On 9/7/23 15:51, Gabriele Bartolini wrote:
I would like to propose a patch that allows administrators to disable `ALTER SYSTEM` via either a runt-time option to pass to the Postgres server process at startup (e.g. `--disable-alter-system=true`, false by default) or a new GUC (or even both), without changing the current default method of the server.

Without trying to debate the particulars, a huge +1 for the concept of allowing ALTER SYSTEM to be disabled. FWIW I would vote the same for control over COPY PROGRAM.

Not coincidentally both concepts were built into set_user: https://github.com/pgaudit/set_user

--
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team