On 2023-09-25 14:38, Michael Paquier wrote:
We would not wait on the lock if force=false, which would do
nowait=true.  And !force reads the same to me as force=false.

Anyway, I am OK to remove this part.  That seems to confuse you, so
you may not be the only one who would read this comment.

When I first read it, I didn't read that !force as force=false, so removing it might be better.

Another idea would be to do like in pgstat.c by adding the following
line, then use "nowait" to call each sub-function:
nowait = !force;
pgstat_flush_wal(nowait);
pgstat_flush_io(nowait);

That's very clear and I think it's good.

Ryoga Yoshida