At Fri, 6 Oct 2023 14:58:13 +0530, vignesh C <vignes...@gmail.com> wrote in
> On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 at 11:53, Dilip Kumar <dilipbal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > It makes sense to include xid in the debug message, earlier I thought
> > that will it be a good idea to also print the toplevel_xid.  But I
> > think it is for debug purposes and only we have the xid we can fetch
> > the other parameters so maybe adding xid is good enough.

+1

> While having a look at the reorderbuffer code, I noticed that this
> changes were still not committed.
> Here is a rebased version of the patch.

While this patch makes the following change on the de-serializing side;

-                       elog(DEBUG2, "restored %u/%u changes from disk",
+                       elog(DEBUG2, "restored %u/%u changes of XID %u from
disk",

the counter part ReorderBufferSerializeTXN() has the following
message.

>       elog(DEBUG2, "spill %u changes in XID %u to disk",
>                (uint32) txn->nentries_mem, txn->xid);

It might be preferable for those two messages to have a corresponding
appearance.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi