On 2023-10-18 We 05:07, Jelte Fennema wrote:
I think --enable-indent-checks sounds like a good improvement to the
status quo. But I'm not confident that it will help remove the cases
where only a comment needs to be re-indented. Do commiters really
always run check-world again when only changing a typo in a comment? I
know I probably wouldn't (or at least not always).

Yeah. In fact I'm betting that a lot of the offending commits we've seen come into this category. You build, you check, then you do some final polish. That's where a pre-commit hook can save you.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan