Hi,

On 10/26/23 10:40 AM, Amit Kapila wrote:
On Wed, Oct 25, 2023 at 8:49 PM Drouvot, Bertrand
<bertranddrouvot...@gmail.com> wrote:

Good point, I think we should enhance the WalSndWait() logic to
address this case.

Agree. I think it would need to take care of the new CV and probably
provide a way for the caller to detect it stopped waiting due to the socket
(I don't think it can find out currently).

Additionally, I think we should ensure that
WalSndWaitForWal() shouldn't wait twice once for wal_flush and a
second time for wal to be replayed by physical standby. It should be
okay to just wait for Wal to be replayed by physical standby when
applicable, otherwise, just wait for Wal to flush as we are doing now.
Does that make sense?

Yeah, I think so. What about moving WalSndWaitForStandbyConfirmation()
outside of WalSndWaitForWal() and call one or the other in
logical_read_xlog_page()?

Bertrand Drouvot
PostgreSQL Contributors Team
RDS Open Source Databases