Hi,

On Thu, Oct 26, 2023 at 9:20 PM Nikita Malakhov <huku...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The main goal was to correctly process invalid queries (as in examples above).
> I'm not sure this could be done in type input functions. I thought that some
> coercions could be checked before evaluating expressions for saving reasons.

I assume by "invalid" you mean queries specifying types in RETURNING
that don't support soft-error handling in their input function.
Adding a check makes sense but its implementation should include a
type cache interface to check whether a given type has error-safe
input handling, possibly as a separate patch.  IOW, the SQL/JSON patch
shouldn't really make a list of types to report as unsupported.

--
Thanks, Amit Langote
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com