On 14.11.23 11:40, Amul Sul wrote:
Please have a look at the attached version, updating the syntax to have "AS"
after EXPRESSION and other changes suggested previously.

The code structure looks good to me now.

Question: Why are you using AT_PASS_ADD_OTHERCONSTR? I don't know if it's right or wrong, but if you have a specific reason, it would be good to know.

I think ATExecSetExpression() needs to lock pg_attribute? Did you lose that during the refactoring?

Tiny comment: The error message in ATExecSetExpression() does not need to mention "stored", since it would be also applicable to virtual generated columns in the future.

Documentation additions in alter_table.sgml should use one-space indent consistently. Also, "This form replaces expression" is missing a "the"?