On 13/12/2023 17:26, Corey Huinker wrote:> 4. I don't yet have a complete vision for how these tools will be used
by pg_upgrade and pg_dump/restore, the places where these will provide the biggest win for users.

Some issues here with docs:

func.sgml:28465: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: sect1 line 26479 and sect2
  </sect2>
          ^

Also, as I remember, we already had some attempts to invent dump/restore statistics [1,2]. They were stopped with the problem of type verification. What if the definition of the type has changed between the dump and restore? As I see in the code, Importing statistics you just check the column name and don't see into the type.

[1] Backup and recovery of pg_statistic
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/724322880.K8vzik8zPz%40abook
[2] Re: Ideas about a better API for postgres_fdw remote estimates
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/7a40707d-1758-85a2-7bb1-6e5775518e64%40postgrespro.ru

--
regards,
Andrei Lepikhov