Hi,

I was re-reading the patches here  and there was one thing I didn't understand.

There are provisions for a separation of data encryption keys for primary and
replica I see, and these share a single WAL key.

But if I am setting up a replica from the primary, and the primary is already
encrypted, then do these forceably share the same data encrypting keys?  Is
there a need to have (possibly in a follow-up patch) an ability to decrypt and
re-encrypt in pg_basebackup (which would need access to both keys) or is this
handled already and I just missed it?

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers