Hi Richard,

I can tell this a real world problem. I have seen this multiple times in production.

The fix seems surprisingly simple.

I hope my questions here aren't completely off. I still struggle to think about the implications.

I wonder, if there is any stuff we are breaking by bluntly forgetting about the subplan params. Maybe some table valued function scan within a subquery scan? Or something about casts on a join condition, that could be performed differently?

I wasn't able to construct a problem case. I might be just missing context here. But I am not yet fully convinced whether this is safe to do in all cases.

Regards
Arne