On Fri Jan 26, 2024 at 12:28 AM CST, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
On 25.01.24 17:25, Tristan Partin wrote:
> For what it's worth, I run Meson 1.3, and the behavior of generating the > tarballs even though it is a dirty tree still occurred. In the new patch > you seem to say it was fixed in 0.60.

The problem I'm referring to is that before 0.60, alias_target cannot depend on run_target (only "build target"). This is AFAICT not documented and might not have been an intentional change, but you can trace it in the meson source code, and it shows in the PostgreSQL CI. That's also why for the above bzip2 issue I have to use custom_target in place of your run_target.

https://github.com/mesonbuild/meson/pull/12783

Thanks for finding these issues.

--
Tristan Partin