On Mon, 29 Jan 2024 at 10:31, Mark Dilger <mark.dil...@enterprisedb.com>
wrote:

> > On Jan 29, 2024, at 7:03 AM, Jelte Fennema-Nio <postg...@jeltef.nl>
> wrote:
> >
> > So my suggestion is for people to respond with -1, -0.5, +-0, +0.5, or
> > +1 to indicate support against/for the change.
>
> -1 for me.
>
> -Infinity for refactoring the entire codebase and backpatching.

I don't think anybody is proposing re-working the existing codebase. I
understand this to be only about allowing new code to use the newer style.
Personally, I like, as much as possible, to use initializations to const
variables and avoid assignment operators, so I much prefer to declare at
first (and usually only) assignment.

But not voting because the amount of code I’ve actually contributed is
minuscule.