Hey there, coming back to this. I poked at the logs in the master branch and
saw no mention of to_regtype; did I miss it?

On Sep 17, 2023, at 10:58 PM, David G. Johnston <david.g.johns...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Parses a string of text, extracts a potential type name from it, and
> translates that name into an OID.  Failure to extract a valid potential type
> name results in an error while a failure to determine that the extracted name
> is known to the system results in a null output.
>
> I take specific exception to describing your example as a “textual type name”.

More docs seem like a reasonable compromise. Perhaps it’d be useful to also
describe when an error is likely and when it’s not.

Best,

David