On Tue Jan 30, 2024 at 4:42 PM CST, Jelte Fennema-Nio wrote:
On Tue, 30 Jan 2024 at 23:20, Tristan Partin <tris...@neon.tech> wrote:
> Not next week, but here is a respin. I've exposed pqSocketPoll as
> PQsocketPoll and am just using that. You can see the diff is so much
> smaller, which is great!

The exports.txt change should be made part of patch 0001, also docs
are missing for the newly exposed function. PQsocketPoll does look
like quite a nice API to expose from libpq.

I was looking for documentation of PQsocket(), but didn't find any standalone (unless I completely missed it). So I just copied how PQsocket() is documented in PQconnectPoll(). I am happy to document it separately if you think it would be useful.

My bad on the exports.txt change being in the wrong commit. Git things... I will fix it on the next re-spin after resolving the previous paragraph.

--
Tristan Partin
Neon (https://neon.tech)