On 15.02.24 10:26, Jelte Fennema-Nio wrote:
On Wed, 14 Feb 2024 at 23:19, Daniel Gustafsson <dan...@yesql.se> wrote:
+1 from me. But when do we want it to be false? That is, why not
declare it true for all file types?

Regression test .out files commonly have spaces at the end of the line.  (Not
to mention the ECPG .c files but they probably really shouldn't have.)

Attached is v2, which now makes the rules between gitattributes and
editorconfig completely identical. As well as improving two minor
things about .gitattributes before doing that.

Is there a command-line tool to verify the syntax of .editorconfig and check compliance of existing files?

I'm worried that expanding .editorconfig with detailed per-file rules will lead to a lot of mistakes and blind editing, if we don't have verification tooling.