On 2024-01-26 Fr 12:15, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

On 2024-01-24 We 13:08, Robert Haas wrote:

Maybe you should adjust your patch to dump the manifests into the log
file with note(). Then when cfbot runs on it you can see exactly what
the raw file looks like. Although I wonder if it's possible that the
manifest itself is OK, but somehow it gets garbled when uploaded to
the server, either because the client code that sends it or the server
code that receives it does something that isn't safe in 32-bit mode.
If we hypothesize an off-by-one error or a buffer overrun, that could
possibly explain how one field got garbled while the rest of the file
is OK.

Yeah, I thought earlier today I was on the track of an off by one error, but I was apparently mistaken, so here's the same patch set with an extra patch that logs a bunch of stuff, and might let us see what's upsetting the cfbot.

Well, that didn't help a lot, but meanwhile the CFBot seems to have decided in the last few days that it's now happy, so full steam aead! ;-)

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan