On 2024-Feb-16, Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu) wrote:

> 15.
>
> You said in case of failure, cleanups is not needed if the process exits soon
> [1].
> But some functions call PQfinish() then exit(1) or pg_fatal(). Should we
> follow?

Hmm, but doesn't this mean that the server will log an ugly message that
"client closed connection unexpectedly"?  I think it's nicer to close
the connection before terminating the process (especially since the
code for that is already written).

"We’ve narrowed the problem down to the customer’s pants being in a situation
 of vigorous combustion" (Robert Haas, Postgres expert extraordinaire)