On Feb 20, 2024, at 01:30, jian he <jian.universal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> the second hint `-- grammar error expected` seems to contradict with
> the results?

Quite right, thank you, that’s actually a trapped error. I’ve tweaked the
comments and their order in v7, attached.

This goes back to the discussion of the error raising of to_regtype[1], so I’ve
incorporated the patch from that thread into this patch, and set up the docs
for to_regtypemod() with similar information. The wording is still a little
opaque for my taste, though, written more for someone who knows a bit about the
internals, but it’s a start.

I’ve also fixed the wayward parameter in the function signature in the docs,
and added a note about why I’ve also patched genbki.pl.

Best,

David

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/57E1FDDC-5A38-452D-82D7-A44DA2E13862%40justatheory.com#1ae0b11634bc33c7ad3cd728e43d504e