On 26/2/2024 18:34, Richard Guo wrote:

On Mon, Feb 26, 2024 at 3:54 PM Andrei Lepikhov <a.lepik...@postgrespro.ru <mailto:a.lepik...@postgrespro.ru>> wrote:

    On 26/2/2024 12:44, Tender Wang wrote:
     > Make sense. I found MemoizeState already has a MemoryContext, so
    I used it.
     > I update the patch.
    This approach is better for me. In the next version of this patch, I
    included a test case. I am still unsure about the context chosen and
    the
    stability of the test case. Richard, you recently fixed some Memoize
    issues, could you look at this problem and patch?

I looked at this issue a bit.  It seems to me what happens is that at
first the memory areas referenced by probeslot->tts_values[] are
allocated in the per tuple context (see prepare_probe_slot).  And then
in MemoizeHash_hash, after we've calculated the hashkey, we will reset
the per tuple context.  However, later in MemoizeHash_equal, we still
need to reference the values in probeslot->tts_values[], which have been
cleared.
Agree

Actually the context would always be reset in MemoizeHash_equal, for
both binary and logical mode.  So I kind of wonder if it's necessary to
reset the context in MemoizeHash_hash.
I can only provide one thought against this solution: what if we have a lot of unique hash values, maybe all of them? In that case, we still have a kind of 'leak' David fixed by the commit 0b053e78b5. Also, I have a segfault report of one client. As I see, it was caused by too long text column in the table slot. As I see, key value, stored in the Memoize hash table, was corrupted, and the most plain reason is this bug. Should we add a test on this bug, and what do you think about the one proposed in v3?

--
regards,
Andrei Lepikhov