On Fri, Mar 22, 2024, 09:32 Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I notice that you say that the "Installation" section should "cover
> the architectural overview and point people to where they can find the
> stuff they need to install PostgreSQL in the various ways available to
> them" so maybe you're not imagining a four-sentence chapter, either.

Fair point but I posit that new users are looking for a chapter named
Installation in the documentation.  At least the ones willing to read
documentation.  Having two of them isn't needed but having zero doesn't
make sense either.

The current proposal does that so I'm ok as-is but it can be further
improved by moving source install talk elsewhere and having the
installation chapter redirect the reader there for details.  I'm not
concerned with how long or short the resultant installation chapter is.

David J.