> And that means that we don't need the sending
> side to know the element type anyway.

We need to get the original element type on the import side somehow,
right? Otherwise it will be hard to tell whether '{1, 2, 3, 4}' has
element type "int4" or "text", which affects the binary representation
of the anyarray value in pg_statistic.

Either we need to get it at export time (which seems the most reliable
in principle, but problematic for older versions) and pass it as an
argument to pg_set_attribute_stats(); or we need to derive it reliably
from the table schema on the destination side, right?

Regards,
        Jeff Davis