On 2024-04-04 Th 12:04, Tom Lane wrote:
Oh, more problems: after running check-world in a non-VPATH build,
there are droppings all over my tree:

$ git status
On branch master
Your branch is up to date with 'origin/master'.

Untracked files:
   (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
         src/interfaces/ecpg/test/sql/sqljson_jsontable
         src/interfaces/ecpg/test/sql/sqljson_jsontable.c
         src/test/modules/test_json_parser/test_json_parser_incremental
         src/test/modules/test_json_parser/test_json_parser_perf
         src/test/modules/test_json_parser/tmp_check/

nothing added to commit but untracked files present (use "git add" to track)

"make clean" or "make distclean" removes some of that but not all:

$ make -s distclean
$ git status
On branch master
Your branch is up to date with 'origin/master'.

Untracked files:
   (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
         src/test/modules/test_json_parser/test_json_parser_incremental
         src/test/modules/test_json_parser/test_json_parser_perf

nothing added to commit but untracked files present (use "git add" to track)

So we're short several .gitignore entries, and apparently also
shy a couple of make-clean rules.

Argh. You get out of the habit when you're running with meson :-(

There's another issue I'm running down too.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan