On Wed, Apr 24, 2024 at 3:30 AM Peter Eisentraut <pe...@eisentraut.org>
wrote:

>  > +   The reliability characteristics of a table are governed by its
>  > +   persistence mode.  The default mode is described
>  > +   <link linkend="wal-reliability">here</link>
>  > +   There are two alternative modes that can be specified during
>  > +   table creation:
>  > +   <link linkend="sql-createtable-temporary">temporary</link> and
>  > +   <link linkend="sql-createtable-unlogged">unlogged</link>.
>
> Not sure reliability is the best word here.  I mean, a temporary table
> isn't any less reliable than any other table.  It just does different
> things.

Given the name of the section where this is all discussed I'm having
trouble going with a different word.  But better framing and phrasing I can
do:

A table may be opted out of certain storage aspects of reliability, as
described [here], by specifying either of the alternate persistence modes:
[temporary] or [logged]. The specific trade-offs and implications are
detailed below.

David J.