On Thu, May 02, 2024 at 11:23:13AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> About the fact that we may finish by printing unfinished UTF-8
> sequences, I'd be curious to hear your thoughts.  Now, the information
> provided about the partial byte sequences can be also useful for
> debugging on top of having the error code, no?

By the way, as long as I have that in mind..  I am not sure that it is
worth spending cycles in detecting the unfinished sequences and make
these printable.  Wouldn't it be enough for more cases to adjust
token_error() to truncate the byte sequences we cannot print?

Another thing that I think would be nice would be to calculate the
location of what we're parsing on a given line, and provide that in
the error context.  That would not be backpatchable as it requires a
change in JsonLexContext, unfortunately, but it would help in making
more sense with an error if the incomplete byte sequence is at the
beginning of a token or after an expected character.
--
Michael