On 2024-04-03 Wn 04:21, Andrew Dunstan
> I don't think a cast that doesn't cater for all the forms json can take
is going to work very well. At the very least you would need to error out
in cases you didn't want to cover, and have tests for all of > > those
errors. But the above is only a tiny fraction of those. If the error cases
are going to be so much more than the cases that work it seems a bit
pointless.
Hi everyone
I changed my mail account to be officially displayed in the correspondence.
I also made an error conclusion if we are given an incorrect value. I
believe that such a cast is needed by PostgreSQL since we already have
several incomplete casts, but they perform their duties well and help in
the right situations.

cheers

Antoine