Hi,

On 2024-05-09 09:23:37 -0700, David G. Johnston wrote:
> This needs updating:
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/docguide-build-meson.html

You mean it should have a syntax target? Or that something else is out of
date?

> Also, as a sanity check, running that command takes my system 1 minute.  Any
> idea what percentile that falls into?

I think that's on the longer end - what OS/environment is this on? Even on
~5yo CPU with turbo boost disabled it's 48s for me.  FWIW, the single-page
html is a good bit faster, 29s on the same system.

I remember the build being a lot slower on windows, fwiw, due to the number of
files being opened/created. I guess that might also be the case on slow
storage, due to filesystem journaling.

Greetings,

Andres Freund