On 2024-May-09, Robert Haas wrote:

> * not null constraints break dump/restore. I asked whether all of the
> issues had been addressed here and Justin Pryzby opined that the only
> thing that was still relevant for this release was a possible test
> case change, which I would personally consider a good enough reason to
> at least consider calling this done. But it's not clear to me whether
> Justin's opinion is the consensus position, or perhaps more
> relevantly, whether it's Álvaro's position.

I have fixed the reported issues, so as far as these specific items go,
we could close the reported open item.

However, in doing so I realized that some code is more complex than it
needs to be, and exposes users to ugliness that they don't need to see,
so I posted additional patches.  I intend to get these committed today.

A possible complaint is that the upgrade mechanics which are mostly in
pg_dump with some pieces in pg_upgrade are not very explicitly
documented.  There are already comments in all relevant places, but
perhaps an overall picture is necessary.  I'll see about this, probably
as a long comment somewhere.

"La virtud es el justo medio entre dos defectos" (Aristóteles)