On 13.05.24 17:43, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
On 2024-May-13, Nathan Bossart wrote:

If we want to enhance the GitHub experience, we can also add these files to
the organization instead:
https://docs.github.com/en/communities/setting-up-your-project-for-healthy-contributions/creating-a-default-community-health-file

This was the intent of my patch.  There might be a few others that we could
use, but I figured we could start with the low-hanging fruit that would
have the most impact on the GitHub experience.

Can't we add these two lines per topic to the README.md?

The point of these special file names is that GitHub will produce special links to them. If you look at Nathan's tree

https://github.com/nathan-bossart/postgres/tree/special-files

and scroll down to the README display, you will see links for "Code of Conduct", "License", and "Security" across the top.

Whether it's worth having these files just to produce these links is the debate.