> I'm unsure if it needs to call ExecutorStart in the bind code. But if we
> don't change the current logic, would it make more sense to move
> pgstat_report_query_id to the ExecutorRun routine?

I initially thought about that, but for utility statements (CTAS, etc.) being
executed with extended query protocol, we will still not advertise the queryId
as  we should. This is why I chose to set the queryId in PortalRunSelect and
PortalRunMulti in v2 of the patch [1].

We can advertise the queryId inside ExecutorRun instead of
PortalRunSelect as the patch does, but we will still need to advertise
the queryId inside PortalRunMulti.

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/FAB6AEA1-AB5E-4DFF-9A2E-BB320E6C3DF1%40amazon.com

Regards,