On 20/5/2024 15:54, jian he wrote:
As mentioned previously,
both A and B can use Incremental Sort, set_cheapest will choose the A
instead of B,
because A step generated path **first** satisfies increment sort.
Yeah, I agree with your analysis.
Looking into the cost_incremental_sort, I see that we have ten group_tuples. This value doesn't depend on how many presorted keys (1 or 2) we use. This is caused by default estimation. Given the current circumstances, it seems unlikely that we can make any significant changes without introducing a new sort cost model that accounts for the number of sorted columns.

--
regards,
Andrei Lepikhov