On 03/20/2018 01:35 PM, Tomas Vondra wrote:

On 03/20/2018 05:36 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:

<mailto:tomas.von...@2ndquadrant.com>>:

     Hi,

     I'm looking at the updated patch (plpgsql-extra-check-180316.patch), and
     this time it applies and builds OK. The one thing I noticed is that the
     documentation still uses the old wording for strict_multi_assignement:

     WARNING:  Number of evaluated fields does not match expected.
     HINT:  strict_multi_assignement check of extra_warnings is active.
     WARNING:  Number of evaluated fields does not match expected.
     HINT:  strict_multi_assignement check of extra_warnings is active.

     This was reworded to "Number of source and target fields in assignment
     does not match."

fixed

OK, thanks. PFA I've marked it as ready for committer.

Stephen, what are your thoughts about this patch? I remember discussing it with you at pgcon, but I don't recall what exactly your complaints were. Do you see any problems with the current version of the patch?

regards