Peter Geoghegan <p...@bowt.ie> writes:
> On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 7:40 PM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Oooh ... but pg_class wouldn't be big enough to get a parallel
>> index rebuild during that test, would it?

> Typically not, but I don't think that we can rule it out right away.

Hmmm ... maybe we should temporarily stick in an elog(LOG) showing whether
a parallel build happened or not, so that we can check the buildfarm logs
next time we see that failure?

> I don't know all that much about the buildfarm client code, and it's
> late.

It doesn't really stick in any undocumented configuration changes,
AFAIK.  Possibly Andrew would have some more insight.

                        regards, tom lane