On 2018-Aug-11, Tomas Vondra wrote:

> Hmmm, it's difficult to compare "bt full" output, but my backtraces look
> somewhat different (and all the backtraces I'm seeing are 100% exactly
> the same). Attached for comparison.

Hmm, looks similar enough to me -- at the bottom you have the executor
doing its thing, then an AcceptInvalidationMessages in the middle
section atop which sit a few more catalog accesses, and further up from
that you have another AcceptInvalidationMessages with more catalog
accesses.  AFAICS that's pretty much the same thing Andres was
describing.  I think the exact shape of the executor bits is not
relevant, and I suppose the exact details of what occurs when
invalidation messages are processed are not terribly important either.
I think in Andres' backtrace there are *three*
AcceptInvalidationMessages rather than two as in your case, but that
shouldn't be important either, just the fact that there are N nested
ones.