On 2018-08-16 01:41:34 -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> I've pushed a minimal version adding the C99 test.

So, we get:

* lotsa animals, unsurprisingly, showing C99 work without any flags.

  checking for ccache gcc option to accept ISO C99... none needed

* rhinoceros, nudibranch, grouse, ...:

https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=rhinoceros&dt=2018-08-16%2008%3A45%3A01&stg=configure

https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=nudibranch&dt=2018-08-16%2009%3A16%3A46&stg=configure

https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=grouse&dt=2018-08-16%2009%3A17%3A25&stg=configure
  checking for ccache gcc option to accept ISO C99... -std=gnu99 (or variations
thereof)

  So, the autoconf magic is doing it's thing here.

* dunlin (icc):

https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=dunlin&dt=2018-08-16%2009%3A35%3A19&stg=configure
  checking for icc option to accept ISO C99... -std=gnu99

  (later fails, but not newly so, and just because of ENOSPC)

* anole (HP C compiler)

  https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=anole&dt=2018-08-16
09%3A32%3A19
  checking for cc option to accept ISO C99... none needed

* dromedary:

https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=dromedary&dt=2018-08-16%2008%3A37%3A28&stg=configure
  checking for ccache gcc option to accept ISO C99... unsupported

  I suspect that's because of the '-ansi' flag in CFLAGS, not because
  the compiler is incapable of actually supporting C99.

Besides gaur, I'm also awaiting casteroides' results. The latter
definitely does support C99, but I'm not sure autconf pushes hard
enough.  I think every other relevant animal has reported back.

Greetings,

Andres Freund