På torsdag 23. august 2018 kl. 03:00:42, skrev Jonathan S. Katz <
jk...@postgresql.org <mailto:jk...@postgresql.org>>:

 > On Aug 22, 2018, at 7:13 PM, Andres Freund <and...@anarazel.de> wrote:
 [snip]
 > For the archives sake: This likely largely is the consequence of
 > building with LLVM's expensive assertions enabled, as confirmed by
 > Jonathan over IM.

 I recompiled with the release version of LLVM. jit=on was still slower,
 but the discrepancy was not as bad as the previously reported result:

 jit = off
 Planning Time: 0.938 ms
 Execution Time: 935.599 ms

 jit = on
 Planning Time: 0.951 ms
 JIT:
   Functions: 184
   Generation Time: 17.605 ms
   Inlining: true
   Inlining Time: 20.522 ms
   Optimization: true
   Optimization Time: 1001.034 ms
   Emission Time: 665.319 ms
 Execution Time: 2491.560 ms

 However, it was still 2x+ slower, so still +1ing for open items.

I compiled with whatever switches LLVM that comes with Ubuntu 18.04 is built
with, and without debugging or assertions.

--
 Andreas Joseph Krogh