Andrew Dunstan <andrew.duns...@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On 09/16/2018 02:05 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> The change the attached patch makes is to represent a DEFAULT namespace
>> as a NULL list entry, rather than a T_String Value node containing a
>> null.

> Seems related to this CF item that's been around for a year:
> <https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAFj8pRB%2BWDyDcZyGmfRdJ0HOoXugeaL-KNFeK9YA5Z10JN9qfA%40mail.gmail.com>
>
> ?

Hm, seems like that is operating at the next level down; it starts with
XmlTableSetNamespace's response to a null "name" argument, whereas what
I'm on about is what happens before we get to that function.

There's quite a bit I don't like about that patch now that I look at it
:-(, but I don't think it's relevant to this thread.

                        regards, tom lane