Hi, > Hi, > > > +1 for having a function that just releases all resources in a resource > > owner in one call. I don't think it's performance critical so it could > > just call ResourceOwnerRelease() three times. > > ReleaseAuxProcessResources() could make use of it too. > > > > Thank you for the feedback. I am working on a patch for this and will > post it soon. >
While I agree that calling ResourceOwnerRelease() three times results in a patch with minimal changes to existing logic, I think it is worth avoiding the unneces calls to simplify the code. Hence, I added another phase to the ResourceReleasePhase which bypasses the phased release in the existing ResourceOwnerRelease function. This allows us to maintain the existing function signature for both phased and non-phased resource release. This is similar to what NoLock does in the case of LOCKMODE. A separate thread for this discussion with a patch has been started here [1] as it has branched off from the original proposal in this thread. [1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAH2L28vVo-Q3Jf%2BP4huRKxjnbF%2B2t7OdDh3ZGMxL88hiWezd%3DA%40mail.gmail.com Thank you, Rahila Syed
