Nathan Bossart <[email protected]> writes:
> On Thu, Jun 18, 2026 at 06:08:12PM +0200, Álvaro Herrera wrote:
>> I'd stop at 14 and call it a day.  It doesn't prevent building, which is
>> IIRC the criteria we use for the older branches.

> WFM.  Committed, thanks.

Since I updated 'mamba' to NetBSD 11 (which has gcc 12.5.0),
it's been spewing a closely related warning:

parse_func.c: In function 'LookupFuncWithArgs':
parse_func.c:2457:15: warning: 'argoids' may be used uninitialized 
[-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
 2457 |     oid = LookupFuncNameInternal(func->args_unspecified ? objtype : 
OBJECT_ROUTINE,
      |           
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 2458 |                                  func->objname, nargs, argoids,
      |                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 2459 |                                  false, missing_ok,
      |                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 2460 |                                  &lookupError);
      |                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
parse_func.c:2234:1: note: by argument 4 of type 'const Oid *' {aka 'const 
unsigned int *'} to 'LookupFuncNameInternal' declared here
 2234 | LookupFuncNameInternal(ObjectType objtype, List *funcname,
      | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
parse_func.c:2395:33: note: 'argoids' declared here
 2395 |     Oid             argoids[FUNC_MAX_ARGS];
      |                     ^~~~~~~

Presumably this could be silenced in the same way as in f04781df5.
I haven't troubled so far because I don't see any other BF animals
producing the same warning, but perhaps we should silence this one
too?

                        regards, tom lane


Reply via email to