Hello -

I have an extension that uses background workers.  I pass a database oid as
an argument in order to launch the worker using function
BackgroundWorkerInitializeConnectionByOid.  In one of my regression tests
that was written, I intentionally launch the worker with an invalid oid.
In earlier PG versions the worker would successfully launch but then
terminate asynchronously, with a message in the server log.  Now, it does
not even successfully launch but immediately errors (hence failing my
regression tests).

I have recently installed all later point releases of all versions 9.5-11,
so I assume this is due to some code change.  The behavior seems reasonable
but I don't find any obvious release notes indicating a patch that would
have changed this behavior.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jeremy