Hi,

While working on patch [1], I spotted two small issues in pg_resetwal.

1. The -c option accepts two XIDs. The first is parsed by strtouint32_strict(), 
but the second is parsed by strtoul(). This seems to be an oversight in 
636c1914b48, which introduced strtouint32_strict().

2. The help message for the -c option says that “zero means no change”, but 
this behavior is missing on the current master branch. I checked the git 
history, and the behavior was lost in 978cf02bb8c, which added separate “given” 
flags for command-line options.

The fixes for both issues are tiny. See the attached patch for details.

Unfortunately, I reviewed both patches but didn't notice these issues at the 
time. Both commits were included in PG19, so this might be worth back-patching 
to 19.

[1] https://postgr.es/m/[email protected]

Best regards,
--
Chao Li (Evan)
HighGo Software Co., Ltd.
https://www.highgo.com/




Attachment: v1-0001-pg_resetwal-Fix-handling-of-commit-timestamp-XIDs.patch
Description: Binary data

Reply via email to