Hi,

On Thu, 1 Oct 2026 at 10:04, Peter Eisentraut <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> On 24.09.26 17:43, Nazir Bilal Yavuz wrote:
> > On Thu, 24 Sept 2026 at 17:29, Tom Lane <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Peter Eisentraut <[email protected]> writes:
> >>> A subproblem is that if pgindent fails on many files, it doesn't clean
> >>> up after itself but leaves many pgsrc*.BAK files lying around.  The
> >>> first patch fixes that.
> >>
> >> I object to this patch.  src/tools/pgindent/README documents that
> >> the presence of those files is useful for detecting where pgindent
> >> failed.  Without them there's not an easy signal.
> >
> > I remember being frustrated with too many pgsrc*.BAK files but that
> > was when pgindent processed the build folder. I think we might not
> > need 0001 after 0003.
>
> Here is an updated patch that just implements automatic skipping of
> build directories.  It's quite compact and seems universally useful.

I agree. I tested v2 with both meson and autoconf and it works
correctly, v2 LGTM.


-- 
Regards,
Nazir Bilal Yavuz
Microsoft


Reply via email to