On 11/30/18 2:00 PM, Surafel Temesgen wrote:

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 2:17 AM Tomas Vondra <tomas.von...@2ndquadrant.com <mailto:tomas.von...@2ndquadrant.com>> wrote:

    (c) allow VOLATILE functions in the FILTER clause, but change the
    behavior to make the behavior sane

 Did changing the behavior means getting new snapshot before evaluating a tuple to ensure the function sees results of any previously executed queries or there are   other mechanism that can make the behavior sane?

I think it should be enough just to switch to CIM_SINGLE and increment the command counter after each inserted row.

    Which leaves us with (b) and (c). Clearly, (b) is simpler to implement,
    because it (c) needs to do the detection too, and then some additional
    stuff. I'm not sure how much more complex (c) is, compared to (b).

The attache patch implement option b prohibit VOLATILE functions but i am open to change

OK. I'll take a look.

regards