Hi

> út 18. 12. 2018 v 16:11 odesílatel Filip Rembiałkowski
> <filip.rembialkow...@gmail.com> napsal:
>> Please share opinions if this makes sense at all, and has any chance
>> going upstream.

Clearly since Pavel has another implementation of the same concept,
there is some interest in this feature. :)

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 5:20 PM Pavel Stehule <pavel.steh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Still one my customer use a patch that implement FORCE on SQL level. It is
> necessary under higher load when is not easy to synchronize clients.

I think Filip's approach of setting pg_database.datallowconn='false'
is pretty clever to avoid the synchronization problem. But it's also a
good idea to expose this functionality via DROP DATABASE in SQL, like
Pavel's patch, not just the 'dropdb' binary.

If this is to be accepted into PostgreSQL core, I think the two
approaches should be combined on the server side.

Regards,
Marti Raudsepp