Michael Paquier wrote:
> You should register this patch to the next commit fest in the section for bug
> fixes to not lose sight of it;

Thank you for picking up my post. I registered to the next CF.

> I haven't put much thoughts into what you propose here, but this status
> message is not really helpful for the user.

Thank you for review. I attached the updated patch. There are some reasons for
server startup failing, so I changed the message like following:

+                       case PQPING_NO_RESPONSE:
+                       case PQPING_NO_ATTEMPT:
+                               write_eventlog(EVENTLOG_ERROR_TYPE, _("Server
startup failed. Examine the log output.\n"));
+                               pgwin32_SetServiceStatus(SERVICE_STOPPED);

Regards,
Daisuke, Higuchi