On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 7:09 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the first two patches (a) removal of dead code in bootstrap
> and (b) the core patch to avoid creation of FSM file for the small
> table are good now.  I have prepared the patches along with commit
> message.  There is no change except for some changes in README and
> commit message of the second patch.  Kindly let me know what you think
> about them?

Good to hear! The additional language is fine. In "Once the FSM is
created for heap", I would just change that to "...for a heap".

> I think these two patches can go even without the upgrade patch
> (during pg_upgrade, conditionally skip transfer of FSMs.) which is
> still under discussion.  However, I am not in a hurry if you or other
> thinks that upgrade patch must be committed along with the second
> patch.  I think the upgrade patch is generally going on track but
> might need some more review.

The pg_upgrade piece is a nice-to-have feature and not essential, so
can go in later. Additional review is also welcome.

--
John Naylor                https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/